Sunday, August 8, 2010

Images & Words # Week 66 ~ The Look of Nature

Hello From Australia this Week 66 and Welcome to Images and Words.

I thought I would give you all a fairly broad spectrum for this weeks Images And Words.

So the theme is All about Nature and is Titled

The Look Of Nature

The photo I have chosen below was taken on Kangaroo Island in South Australia at the very interesting Rock Arch named Admiral's Arch, which nature formed in this very remote area of the island. It was sculpted by weathering and erosion from the sea over thousands of years.
Here you can also observe a colony of New Zealand Fur-seals as they feed, swim and laze on the shore platform below.

When I first went to view the arch twenty five years ago it was accessible only by a small walking track. However these days Admirals Arch can be easily reached from a boardwalk at Cape du Couedic. A photographers dream this Arch and the surrounding area has become and even though it is quite accessible you are always aware that you have entered the wild side of natures domain.

Have fun and remember you do have a week to post your I&W.

Cheers From Milli.

 

  

Photobucket

The Rules:

Each week we will post an original photo with words on it. The idea behind this group is to expand our minds through our photography.

Photos must be your own, but the words can be someone else's as long as credit is given after the words.

Your post can either be serious, or if you'd like comical, but never obscene .

Posts can either have one word on them,quotes, or full poems ... Your choice.

All posts are to be done on your own site in a blog form with a link back to it being left here.

New topics will be posted on Sundays.

Posts can be made through Saturday.

One post per person only please.

48 comments:

  1. Awesome shot and theme! Off to look...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you like the theme Lanie and Good Morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not only has your photo captured true nature at it's best....but your choice in quotes is a truthful reminder to all.

    FANTASTIC entry Milli

    I am heading out in a few mooments so I will be posting later today and visiting..............MAY YOU ALL HAVE A WOINDERFUL DAY/ EVENING! see ya all later!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a Great Day there Linda and we will look forward to your choice later too.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yesss... Milli, the photo captures nature at its best.... the quote is perfectly matching...
    Will be back later to post the link to my entry...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Milli wow what an incredible shot absolutely beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the whole composition.
    Be back later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Joel and I bet you have a beauty up your sleeve there too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. See you soon Sophie with your special effort.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Milli, this is a shot fit to grace the cover of Nat Geo!

    The quotation is perfect for this photo and is certainly true to the heart of this girl. I was just telling someone I would love to escape to the wilderness somewhere, where there is only nature as far as the eye can see. It is a perpetual longing. Thank God for National Parks, otherwise we might soon have nothing left of nature to enjoy.


    Nice challenge, thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are welcome Debby and I understand exactly your longing right now for natures best.
    I truly hope that our travels this week from post to post will give us all that natural high which nature intended.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Milli for this beautiful theme! Your photo is so beautiful and the words are very true!

    Here is my contribution:

    http://janmarius.multiply.com/journal/item/132/IW_66_The_look_of_nature_Water_Lilies

    ReplyDelete
  13. We suffered a black out while I was trying to comment on this gorgeous photo, and it looks like my comment didn't make it. I love how this photo has detail in shadow, as well as the daylight being perfectly exposed. It's a such a lovely scene and a wonderful composition of it.

    I'll be back later with my entry. What a wonderfully open theme :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful sea scape.

    Here's mine. It's Sunday and I feel inspired. I hope you enjoy it. There is an attachment. A beautiful gospel song by Mahalia Jackson.

    http://deepvylet.multiply.com/journal/item/353/Images_Words_--_Week_66_--_The_Look_Of_Nature

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cheers Milli and I love the way you framed this picture.
    What a view through the arches.
    We have a place like this in Oregon where you can see the Sea Lions, but
    you can't get as a dramatic of a picture.
    http://cruizin57.multiply.com/journal/item/185/Images_Words_-_The_Look_Of_Nature

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful theme Milli, As always... And What a perfect shot to depict the theme and
    Great Words to go with it.
    Smiles........
    http://leadfootweenie.multiply.com/journal/item/464/Images_Words_Week_66_The_Look_Of_Nature

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have one this week. Off to hit the books after I post, but I look forward to seeing the entries. I love the shot posted above.

    http://lindylooh.multiply.com/journal/item/1176/Images_and_WordsNature

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you very much! Your words ring true. Gorgeous image Milli. Wonderful perspective, perfect lighting and I can almost smell the ocean ;-).

    http://suebella.multiply.com/journal/item/16/Images_Words_-_The_Look_Of_Nature

    ReplyDelete
  19. We sure do Milli you are one awesome lady and spirit. I salute you... This photo is amazing.

    http://friggncrazy.multiply.com/journal/item/816/Images_and_Words_-_a_look_at_nature

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a gorgeous photo, Milli, and beautiful words. Love this theme. I've been having so much trouble with Multiply and Flickr lately, I almost gave up again this week. But persistence is my middle name, and was finally able to post one!
    http://joanne7111.multiply.com/journal/item/378/Images_and_Words_-_The_Look_of_Nature

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just half hour ago, we got rain and lightning. Much needed rain
    Haven't been anywhere lately, to see any of this Beautiful Nature.
    So It Came to Me ! Yours is awesome !

    http://annebabygirl.multiply.com/journal/item/172/_Images_Words_Natures_Fury

    ReplyDelete